Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day of the Dead (2008)

Director: Steve Miner














Alright, this movie's got Mena Suvari, and Ving Rhames, which you might think, "hmm, might be good." It also has Nick Cannon, which then makes you think "Uh, I don't know..." It's a remake of George Romero's movie, and it got horrible ratings. But as horror movie enthusiasts, do we always hate what critics hate? No. I can't say the main plot is any different from any other zombie movie; virus breaks out, people are getting infected, people got to fight to survive. It has got a few cheesy parts in it, but I will tell you right now, it has got some of the coolest fight scenes that I have seen in zombie movies, which that fact alone warrants it a movie worth watching. Nick Cannon's performance is not half bad, and the characters are entertaining. A criticism I have for it though is how the zombie's are: they are incredibly fast and semi-intelligent, and can climb on walls and ceilings. If a real virus were to break out and cause infections resulting in zombie-like people, who knows what they would really be like. But as I think of how I would survive in a situation like that, I hope to god that they won't be super fast and climbing all over the place.

Rating:

No comments: